Catagory: General Accounting - Class: Entry Level
- Small business 1-25 employees with general accounting needs
- Light manufacturing and average cost only inventory
- Simple Point-of-Sale add on solution
- Simple, easy to use visual interface with interactive tutorials
- Large number of add-on products and services
- Industry specific versions for Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Professional Service Firms, Contractors, Non-Profit entities and Retailers
- New relational database supports larger number of transactions
- Apple MAC specific version
Brief Product Description and Pricing
- QuickBooks is used by small businesses for most financially related business processes, from entering sales receipts, tracking expenses, preparing and sending invoices, sales tax tracking and payment, preparation of basic financial statements and reports, and inventory management. The program also includes MICR check printing and options for employee payroll and time tracking. For most tasks, QuickBooks does not require users to understand standard accounting procedures. Most transactions are recorded using on-line screens that closely resemble paper-based forms such as invoices or checks.
- QuickBooks may be purchased on one of several versions
- Pro includes inventory, quotes, over 100 financial reports, up to five users, starts at $299.95 for a single user license.
- Premier includes everything in Pro, plus tracks costs for assembled products and inventory, creates sales orders, track back orders, more advanced reporting and industry specific implementations. Up to 5 users and starts at $399.95 for a single user license.
- Enterprise Solutions has everything in Premier plus some. Visit the web site for a detail feature list. Supports five to twenty users and starts at $3000.00 for a five-user license.
- QuickBooks Online is a subscription service starting with QuickBooks Online Simple Start $12.95 per month, QuickBooks Online Essentials $24.95 per month, and QuickBooks Online Plus $34.95 per month. For a comparison description of these products, visit http://oe.quickbooks.com/compare.cfm. QuickBooks Online version is not the same as the boxed version and may not include some of the features. Review carefully before implementing. ·
- QuickBooks for the Mac support the MAC OS, some Windows features may be missing. Pricing starts at $299.99.
- Windows Vista and higher, with Apple MAC OS versions available.
- Versions of this product are available in many different markets. Intuit's Canadian & U.K. divisions offer versions of QuickBooks that support the unique needs of each region, such as Canada's GST or PST sales tax and the U.K's Value Added Tax (VAT). Reckon Ltd ( Australian Securities Exchange(ASX):RKN) under license from Intuit, publishes versions for the Australian, New Zealand and Singapore markets. Version 2008 has enhanced support for Irish VAT reporting.
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
- For most tasks, QuickBooks does not require users to understand standard accounting procedures. Most transactions are recorded using on-line screens that closely resemble paper-based forms such as invoices or checks.
- The product is very easy to install and can be done so without technical support or a professional accountant in many cases.
Representative Client List
- QuickBooks Accounting Products are entry level solutions and has a very long list of users. As such, there is no list provided.
Company History and Contact Information
- Company was founded in 1983 by Scott Cook and Tom Proulx, click to read history of Intuit.
- QuickBooks is available for purchase through a number or retail outlets such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Office Depot and Staples or via the Internet.
- QuickBooks Sales & Service Representatives are available to answer non-technical questions about a current QuickBooks product or service order, or if you need more information before you buy. Call toll-free (888) 246-8848 weekdays from 6 A.M. to 6 P.M. Pacific Time, or you can chat online with a Sales & Service advisor weekdays from 7 A.M. to 4 P.M. P.T.