Catagory: General Accounting - Class: Small to Medium Business
- 5 – 75 users Mid-Range Business looking for solid general accounting
- Construction, Distribution, Made-to-order, Job Shop Manufacturing
- Professional Services
- Outstanding price-to-performance ratio in its market category
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Office and BackOffice products
- Internet integration and e-Commerce capability
- Source code is available at no cost
- Intuitive functionality
- Excel-based financial reporting and custom reports
Brief Product Description and Pricing
TRAVERSE from Open Systems, Inc. is a fully enabled .NET solution, Microsoft Compliant. TRAVERSE is truly a SMB to SME market, multi-user solution. TRAVERSE Enterprise Edition is a Microsoft SQL Server solution for the mid-to-large market. TRAVERSE's Excel analysis and reporting provides real-time Pivot table to database reports, as well as OLAP capabilities. TRAVERSE provides a seamless interface to Microsoft Office products, as well as Internet connectivity and multilingual/multicurrency capabilities.
As a Mid-Range to Enterprise level solution, Traverse starts at around $4000 for a single user license and scales to 100 users for just over $100,000, not including installation and training.
- Windows XP - Windows 7.
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2003 or higher.
- Microsoft Office recommended due to deep and seamless integration.
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
TRAVERSE has a number of “ease of use” features, such as the ability to access the Comments function from the maintenance and transactions toolbars and link to online mapping services such as Mapquest, ExpediaMaps, etc. directly from within TRAVERSE. A user-maintenance function has been added for an F2 Lookup to provide more flexibility in configuring the available fields. Finally, a new function in Setup and Maintenance screen of System Manager provides the ability to globally change IDs for Items, Locations, Vendors, Customers, Sales Reps, Banks, Employees, Departments and GL accounts.
Representative Client List (if available)
- PJ Trailers – long haul trailer manufacturer
- McCoy Tree Surgery – services to electric utility companies and pipeline operators
- Redlands Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc. – 100 year old service co.
Company History and Contact Information
Open Systems has long been a major player in the accounting software market and continues to hold its position while growing in popularity worldwide. Open Systems markets its products in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia. TRAVERSE, which first became popular as one of the few accounting solutions which performed very well on Microsoft BackOffice Small Business SQL Server, performs equally well on Microsoft’s Advanced SQL Server.
You can reach OSAS at www.osas.com, or contact headquarters:
OPEN Systems Inc.
4301 Dean Lakes Blvd.
Shakopee, MN 55379
Tel: 800-328-2276 (US and Canada)